Rocktoberfest at Rock City
Event Dates: October 05, 2013 - October 27, 2013
Come and celebrate Octoberfest at Rock City from 12:00 noon to 5:00 pm every Saturday and Sunday in October!
Stroll along the Buddenstrasse, sing Oompah Karaoke, German Food and Beer, specialty souvenirs, photo opportunities, Live Music, Polka Lessons, and more await you at Rocktoberfest. Event activities include:
- The Buddenstrasse (Avenue of the Booths) will be located at Lovers Leap and will include Artisan Vendors, Pumpkin Painting, Fairyland Forest Makeovers and more
- Big River Beer Garden
- German Food including grilled bratwurst, homemade sauerkraut, & roasted potatoes
- Oompah Karaoke on the Critter Classroom Stage
- Special Souvenirs including novelty hats: chicken hats for the chicken dance and green Biarritz German hats. Also souvenir beer mugs that include a free first beer and discounted re-fills.
- Polka Dance Lessons
- Live Bands with audience participation for the “Chicken Dance” and other favorites (see performance schedule below)
- Costumed characters available for photos
- German and Harvest Themed Themed photo opportunities
- Kids Activities including: Interactive Kids Activities (balloons, storytelling, etc) will occur on the Lovers Leap stage, plus Fairyland Forest Makeovers*, Pumpking Painting*, Panning for Gems* and the Rock Climbing Wall*
Admission Fee (if any): Included in admission to Rock City
Ages Festival is Appropriate For: All ages
In Chattanooga, take I-24 West towards Downtown Chattanooga. Get off at exit 178, the Lookout Mountain/Market Street Exit. Go straight to the traffic light and turn left onto Broad Street. At the base of the mountain, turn left onto Tennessee Avenue and follow the signs to Rock City.