The Chuck Swan WMA consists of 24,000 acres of forest bounded on 3 sides by Norris Lake and by the historic Sharps Chapel community offering recreational and historic opportunities to visitors. Cemetaries of the early Sharps Fort settlers, artesian springs, caves, and foundations of the structures from the early settlers and Native Americans who hunted, fished, and traded in this area can be explored. There are 1500 acres of wildlife food plats maintained by the area's management.
Latitude: 36.328264 Longitude: -83.93486 Elevation: 1188 ft
Hunting, Fishing, Hiking, Biking, Wildlife Observation, 4-Wheeling, Horseback Riding, Shooting, Self guided historic tour.
ADA Accessibility Notes
All roads are open for passenger traffic
Pet Friendly Notes
Pets must be leashed or under command of the owner