Creative Discovery Museum is recognized as one of the premier hands-on children's museums in the region.
The primary purpose of Creative Discovery Museum is to be a hands-on children's museum that provides educational programs and exhibits in the arts and sciences. The mission of the Museum is to:
- Stimulate the creative spirit and natural curiosity of every child
- Create an excitement for learning through interactive exploration of the arts and sciences
- Foster innovation and excellence as an educational resource
- Support the cultural and economic vitality of the Chattanooga Region
As part of the Museum's mission, we want to not only meet but exceed the expectations of every child. Throughout the year, the Museum hosts several programs for children with disabilities, as well as, a fun, interactive exhibit emphasizing disability awareness that is educational for children and adults.
- Friends Discovery Camp — Offered in partnership with Siskin Children's Institute and UTC, this camp is designed to serve the needs of children with autism spectrum disorders.
- Kids Like You, Kids Like Me — Centered on an exhibit created in-house, this program's mission is to: Celebrate kids with disabilities through exploration and education of the similarities and differences of all people. This program is presented in partnership with Siskin Children's Institute. It includes school tours, teacher workshops and weekend events.