The Ewing Gallery of Art and Architecture is named in honor of C. Kermit "Buck" Ewing who initiated the art curriculum at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville in 1948. Begun in 1981, the Ewing Gallery of Art and Architecture is a professionally managed university gallery, funded jointly by the Department of Art and the School of Architecture.On-campus gallery with approximately 3000 square feet of exhibition space and 300 running feet of wall surface (walls 11' high, ceiling 20' high) and adjustable track lighting featuring contemporary artists and architects. Exhibits change monthly. Permanent exhibits include an outdoor sculpture tour on campus.
Latitude: 35.9518496 Longitude: -83.9297579 Elevation: 922 ft