First Presbyterian Church of Fort Payne is the oldest church still in use in the mountaintop town of Fort Payne, Alabama. Presbyterians can trace their influence in DeKalb County and the Fort Payne area to 1839. Located in the historic district of downtown, the current sanctuary was built in 1889 and it is still in use today serving the local community and meeting the spiritual needs of its members.
First Presbyterian Church of Fort Payne Is part of the North Alabama Hallelujah Trail of Sacred Places, a driving tour of 32 churches that are at least 100 years old, stand on their original sites, still hold services, and are accessible to the public.
For more information on the historic church, call 256-845-2915.