Helton Memorial Chapel was dedicated on May 13, 1900, with about 500 people in attendance. The church was named after Mrs. Emma Helton, who spent $1,040 to erect the chapel in memory of her late husband, Dr. Pleasant H. Helton.
Helton Memorial Chapel Is part of the North Alabama Hallelujah Trail of Sacred Places, a driving tour of 32 churches that are at least 100 years old, stand on their original sites, still hold services, and are accessible to the public.
For more information on the chapel, call 256-437-9474.