The Spring Wildflower Pilgrimage is an annual five-day event in Great Smoky Mountains National Park consisting of a variety of wildflower, fauna, and natural history walks, motorcades, photographic tours, art classes, and indoor seminars. Most programs are outdoors in Great Smoky Mountains National Park, while indoor offerings are held in various venues throughout Gatlinburg, TN.
Most programs are conducted on the trails in Great Smoky Mountains National Park, while indoor offerings are held in Mills Conference Center and Sugarlands Training Room in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. All programs will be held rain or shine. Registration pick-up, on-site registration, indoor seminars, and van departures will be conducted from Mills Conference Center.
NOTE: All pilgrimage participants must check in at the On-site Registration Desk at W. L. Mills Conference Center in Gatlinburg, TN to pick up their official Spring Wildflower Pilgrimage nametag, event schedule, and tickets. More information about registration can be found at the website: http://www.springwildflowerpilgrimage.org/
4/11/2017 – 4/15/2017
Admission Fee (if any)
Ages Festival is Appropriate For
Participants 10 years of age and up
ADA Accessibility Notes
All of the indoor programs and many of the motorcades are accessible.
Pet Friendly Notes
Pets are not permitted at any of the Wildflower Pilgrimage Events. Guide animals only.
How to Get There
All pilgrimage participants must check in at the W. L . Mills Conference Centerat 234 Historic Nature Trail Drive in Gatlinburg Tennessee. Many of the indoor events are held here throughout the week. This is the suggested location for finding out more regarding the starting point for each hike or program throughout the week.
To get to W.L. Mills Conference Center from:
I - 40 East (Asheville, Charlotte):
- Take exit 443 off of I-40 onto the Foothills Parkway East.
- Follow the Foothills Parkway until you reach a "T" intersection with Hwy 321
- Turn Left onto Hwy 321 and follow it 1.8 miles
- Turn Right to stay on Hwy 321 and follow it 18.1 miles into Gatlinburg
- Stay straight at Traffic Light 3 in Gatlinburg to merge onto Hwy 441 South
- Continue .6 miles on Hwy 441 S and Turn Left at Traffic Light # 8 (Historic Nature Trail Dr.)
- Destination will be on the Right.
From I- 40 West (Knoxville, Nashville):
- Take exit 407 and follow Hwy 66 until it merges with Hwy 441S.
- Continue on Hwy 441S through Severville, Pigeon Forge and into Gatlinburg(Approx 13.8 miles)
- In Gatlinburg turn left at Traffic Light #8 (Historic Nature Trail Dr.)
- Destination will be on right.
Special Travel Note: Highway 441 between Cherokee, NC and Gatlinburg, TN is closed to through traffic due to a landslide. Any travel from Western North Carolina or North Georgia will need to choose one of the routes mentioned above as an alternate to travelling through the park on 441.